Caught in the Rain

I decided to take a little experiment from a few months back a little further. You can find the original post here. I really liked working on the image and the general feel the raw render had.

The lighting felt like the first rain was about to hit and it's a moment I really wanted to capture. Weather effects were added with After Effects and two standard plugins. CC Mercury for the drops on the lens and CC Particle World for the rain.

I only needed the camera from Max quickly and used a great script called Sk-Films: Camera Exporter from Scriptspot. This way, I could align the CC Particle World spawn with the view to simulate the rain drops.

Just like the previous image, this was rendered with Corona (A6 this time). Frames took about ~18 minutes to render at 720p, the bricks were done using displacement. I really like how Corona handles this as well, it feels fast and easy to work with, giving you just the right amount of control.

I'm happy with the overall result, the image reflects (no pun intended) what I set out to express with it.